New Zealand is a boating nation and your boat is an expensive treasured asset. Bay Pleasurecraft understands this which is why we specialise in insuring a variety of different boats from large marina berthed launches through to trailered pleasurecraft ensuring you have the right cover in place. As standard, all of our policies have a minimum Third Party Liability Indemnity of $10,000,000 which most Marinas throughout New Zealand are now requiring.
We have a designated Pleasurecraft Scheme which is underwritten by Ando Insurance and was created to provide greater benefits and cost effective insurance cover that is tailored to your needs as a boat owner.
There are a number of benefits under the policy but we have noted the key benefits below.
- $10,000,000 Legal Liability as standard
- Agreed Values settlement rather than Market Value
- Fishing & Diving Gear automatically covered up to $20,000
- Loss of Entry Fees Cover up to $1,000
- Automatic Personal Effects Cover
- 24/7 dedicated claims service
- Sighting of hull bottom after grounding
- Social and Corporate Racing automatically covered
- $250 excess for tender/outboard and fishing equipment
- Non-Fault Excess waiver
We all know that the claims process can be a harrowing experience especially for those who are trying to deal direct with an insurer. That is why Bay Insurance has a designated Claims Manager who can be contacted 24 hours a day 7 days a week for all your emergencies. In the event of an urgent claim or a major loss you can call us toll free on 0800 229 252 and we will be available to assist you.
It is important to remember that we are your representative, not the insurers. We shall therefore ensure that your claim is presented as best as possible to the insurance company and will act on your behalf to achieve the best settlement. As your broker we understand your policy and your true entitlement so you can rest assured you will receive the best claims outcome.